DigiLine sensors are supplied with 24 VDC. The measured values are output via an RS-232 or RS 485 digital interface. The various application options are described in Figure 3.9.
Individual transmitters can be operated and their measured values displayed by means of the DPG 101 controller. The DPG 109 can supply up to nine transmitters Transmitter signals can also be directly displayed and processed on a PC or PLC by means of the DokuStar Plus software. With the aid of converters, the RS-485 signal can be converted to a fieldbus signal (Profibus-DP or DeviceNet), thus enabling it to be used in plant control systems with a fieldbus controller that enables especially simple and cost-effective cabling.
DigiLine sensors offer the following advantages:
- Freely combinable components
- Measured values are transmitted directly; no curve correction is required
- Secure data transmission thanks to digital signals
- Reversible RS 232/RS 485 serial interface
- Data can be analyzed directly on a PC with DokuStar Plus software
- Can be integrated into a plant control system by means of a fieldbus converter
- Simple calibration
- Suitable for industrial use
Single-sensor transmitters are available in the form of a CPT 100 piezo-diaphragm system (2,000 – 1 mbar) and a PPT 100 Pirani system (1,000 – 10-4 mbar).
- Piezo-Pirani-Kombination RPT 100. Since the thermal conductivity effect for the Pirani vacuum gauge is not a function of pressure, a diaphragm vacuum gauge is used for pressures p of over 1 mbar. This affords good accuracy throughout the entire measurement range from 1,200 to 1 · 10-4 mbar, enabling processes to be controlled by means of this gauge
- Pirani-Kaltkathoden-Kombination MPT 100. This combination covers the pressure from 1,000 to 5 · 10-9 mbar. The gas discharge of the cold cathode measuring sensor is range initiated by the pressure that is measured with the Pirani sensor. Using this process prevents inadvertent activation of the cold cathode at excessive pressure, thus avoiding contamination.
- Pirani-Bayard-Alpert-Kombination HPT 100. This covers a pressure range from 1,000 to 5 · 10-10 mbar. Pressure monitoring by the Pirani sensor protects the hot cathode gauges against operating at excessively high temperatures and prevents burn-out of the hot cathode. This enables extremely long cathode service life to be achieved.
Our points of contact are available to you at any time:
You can use our contact form to send your request or concern directly to us.
Headquarters postal address
Pfeiffer Vacuum GmbH
Berliner Strasse 43
Pfeiffer Vacuum GmbH
T +49 6441 802-0
F +49 6441 802-1202