7.3 Application notes
Prior to beginning any leak detection process with helium, the user must clarify several fundamental questions:
- How pressure-resistant is the test specimen?
- Is there a preferred direction for pressure resistance and can the pressure gradient encountered by the test specimen in actual use be simulated?
- Is only the location of the leakage to be determined or should it be quantified?
- Should the integral leak rate of the test specimen be determined? If so, what is the maximum acceptable leak rate?
- What fluid reference applies for the leak rate indicated?
- What test pressures does this apply for?
- Are there any safety aspects to be considered?