ATEX-Certified Magnetically Coupled Roots Pumps for Low and Medium Vacuum Applications.
For processes in potentially explosive environments, or for evacuating explosive gases, we have developed ATEX-certified pumps in compliance with directive 2014/34/EU, which meet highest-level explosion protection requirements.
Pumping speeds in this series range from 280 to 8,100 m3/h. Depending on the requirements, equipment category 2 or 3 can be chosen. All pumps are suitable for temperature class T3, sometimes also T4 is possible.
The gear box and bearings in our Roots pumps are separated from the gas pumping chamber. The frictionless rotation of the pistons enables technically dry operation and high rotation speeds.
With the magnetic coupling that comes as standard, we are able to offer hermetically sealed pumps with very low leakage rates. The magnetic coupling eliminates the need for shaft seals, which are inherently weak points if it comes to pressure surges and contamination of the process. Additional operational reliability can be achieved with optional vibration measurement accessories.
- Highest level of protection for operators and ambient – even in the (very unlikely) case of an explosion, due to pressure surge resistance of PN16
- Installation possible without additional flame arresters
- Pumps are hermetically sealed (leakage rate < 10-6 Pa m3/s) – no zone entrainment (of explosive gases)
- High reliability - no thermal overload thanks to integrated temperature sensor
- Pumps can be operated without a bypass (ATEX protection even with passive rotation / windmilling)
- No-hassle on-site service, also for the motor (can be replaced in the field thanks to ATEX IEC motors)
- Flexible use due to variable differential pressure and rotational speed*
- Ambient temperature range from -20°C to + 40°C
*when using frequency converter
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Heat treatment
- Vacuum drying
- Vacuum furnaces