ATEX-certified magnetically coupled Roots pumps for low and medium vacuum applications.
For processes that take place in potentially explosive environments, or for evacuating explosive gases, we have developed ATEX certified pumps in compliance with directive 2014/34/EU, which meet highest-level explosion protection requirements.
Pumping speeds in this series range from 280 to 5,190 m3/h. Depending on the application, you can choose between equipment category 2 or 3. All pumps are suitable for temperature class T3.
The gear box and bearings in our Roots pumps are separated from the gas pumping chamber. The frictionless pumping action of the lobes means that dry operation is assured.
A further advantage: Thanks to convection cooling, their operating costs are significantly lower than with water cooling. The pumps are therefore suitable for universal use. With the magnetic coupling that comes as standard, we are able to offer hermetically sealed pumps with very low leakage rates. The magnetic coupling eliminates the need for shaft seals, which are inherently weak points if it comes to pressure surges and contamination of the process. Additional operational reliability can be achieved with optional vibration measurement accessories.
- Pumps offer high explosion protection with pressure surge resistance of PN16 in an explosion.
- Installation possible without additional flame arresters
- Pumps are hermetically sealed (leakage rate < 10-6 Pa m3/s) – no zone entrainment of explosive gases
- High reliability - no thermal overload thanks to integrated temperature sensor
- Pumps can be operated without a bypass (ATEX protection even with passive rotation)
- No-hassle on-site service, even for the motor (can be replaced in the field thanks to ATEX IEC motors)
- Flexible use due to variable differential pressure and rotational speed*
*when using frequency converter
- Heat treatment
- Vacuum drying
- Vacuum furnaces