Magnetically coupled Roots Pumps with ATEX certification for Low and Medium Vacuum Application.
For processes that take place in explosive environments or for evacuating explosive gases we have developed ATEX certified pumps in accordance with directive 2014/34/EU, which meets the high requirements for explosion protection.
Our Roots pumps offer pumping speeds ranging from 280 to 5,190 m3/h. Depending on the application, you can choose between equipment category 2 or 3. All pumps are suitable for temperature class T3.
The gear box and bearing area in our Roots pumps are separated from the gas pumping chamber. Because the rotors operate frictionless, dry operation is assured.
- Explosion safety due to pressure surge resistance according to PN 16 – high protection in case of explosion
- Installation without additional flame arrester
- Pumps are hermetically sealed (leakrate < 10-6 Pa m3/s) – no zone entrainment of explosive gases
- High reliability – no thermal overload thanks to integrated temperature sensor
- Pump can be operated without bypass (ATEX protection in case of passive rotation due to the gas stream of the fore vacuum)
- Easiest on-site service even for the motor (can be changed in the field thanks to standard ATEX IEC-motors)
- Flexible application due to variable differential pressure and rotational speed*
*when using frequency converter
- Heat treatment
- Vacuum drying
- Vacuum furnaces
A further advantage: Thanks to convection cooling, operating costs are significantly lower than with water cooling. The pumps are universally applicable. The design principle of our proven Roots pumps has also been expanded to include magnetic couplings. Thanks to these hermetically sealed pumps we achieve very low leak rates.